School board Services

WARNING: This article explains the new homeschooling regulation in general and gives suggestions for fulfilling your legal obligations. This is not a legal opinion nor is it legal advice. For information specific to your situation, consult a lawyer. This article does not replace the content of the official guide mentioned in section 459.5.1 of the Education Act, which will be developed by the Minister and will be released no later than July 1, 2019. See AQED’s strategy.

According to Articles 20 to 24 of the regulation, homeschooled children are entitled to support services from the school board. The table below gives you an overview of these services and the conditions for obtaining them. Contact your school board to find out its terms and conditions and the availability of services. 

The school board you are officially registered with will get funding (in 2018, about $1,500 per registered child) to provide services to homeschoolers regardless of whether you use their services or not. If your children are eligible for an education in English and you plan to use the services of a school board, choose between the English or French school boards by considering the services provided by each and the language in which you want the services.

If you have difficulty obtaining services from your school board, contact AQED. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 11.06.42 AM