Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director assumes a management role for all activities related to the management of financial, material and human resources related to l’Association québécoise pour l’éducation à domicile (AQED) member services. She or he assumes planning, development, organization, evaluation and control functions, all in keeping with AQED's mission, values and vision.
- Anyone with homeschooling experience will be given preference for this position.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel required.
- Significant management experience, knowledge in financial and material management.
- Knowledge of the Quebec education system and related organizations related to children, education or any other relevant organizations.
- Knowledge and experience with NPOs and volunteer management.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Flexibility with respect to work schedule (evenings and weekends) is essential.
- Knowledge of the Act respecting labour standards and regulations for non-profits.
Competencies and aptitudes
- Openness to marginality, to homeschooling and to different currents of family-based learning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Ability to write and communicate in French and English.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Discretion, confidentiality and ethics.
- Ability to mobilize people and to work as a team.
- Democratic leadership.
- Developed sense of planning, organization and responsibility.
- Ability to manage several files simultaneously in an autonomous manner and to prioritize files and emergencies
- Ability to delegate.
- Knowledge of GSuite is an asset.
- Sense of humor and kindness.
- Establish and implement:
- action plans and programming;
- services and activities in accordance with the action plan and programming, according to the priorities and vision established by the Board of Directors;
- coordination of annual conference activities in collaboration with a volunteer team;
- effective financial, material and human management practices ;
- administrative policies;
- the production of balance sheets and annual reports.
- Support the Board of Directors:
- transmit information;
- have regular and punctual communication;
- advise them based on reviews and analyses of activities;
- bring them up to date on issues and possible opportunities.
- Ensure implementation of decisions by the Board of Directors and execution of mandates entrusted to him/her.
- Prepare all Board of Directors meetings, including the Annual General Meeting in collaboration with the Chair of the Board.
- Liaise between the Board, staff, volunteers, members, partners and funders.
Support the treasurer in the management of financial resources
- Supervise an external resource for the production of financial statements.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors determines financial priorities and have expenditures approved by the Board. Collaborate to produce annual budget estimates.
- Ensure that a quarterly financial follow-up is done and presented to the Board of Directors.
- Search for new sources of funding.
- Manage relationships with suppliers.
Human Resources and Volunteer Management
- Supervise the administrative assistant and volunteers and promote the development of skills for internal transfers.
- Promote the mobilization of volunteers and maintain harmonious and stimulating working relationships.
- Manage potential conflicts and tension between members, volunteers or staff.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone: employees or volunteers.
- Prepare and facilitate meetings for AQED.
- Promote the integration of volunteers.
- Maintain a positive work environment : maintain good working conditions and recognition of volunteer work.
Representation and partnership
- Prepare and design promotional material for AQED and its activities.
- Organize activities to raise awareness and demystify homeschooling.
- Get involved and implement projects or activities initiated by AQED.
Any other related tasks
- Participate in relevant training (e.g. role and responsibility of the Board of Directors).
- Delegate and follow up on tasks.
The Association québécoise pour l'éducation à domicile is a non-profit organization composed mainly of volunteers. The association provides information and support to Quebec parents who choose to homeschool.
- Hourly rate : To be discussed based on experience
- Number of hours to be determined, between 20 and 30 hours per week
- Excellent work-life balance
To submit your application, write to administration [at] aqed.qc.ca