AQED represents the interests of homeschooling families before the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement Supérieur, as well as before the Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux.
In the last few years, AQED has:
- Met with the Protectrice du Citoyen (Quebec ombudsman) when she wrote her report on homeschooling;
- Met more than a dozen members of the National Assembly during the parliamentary commissions on bills 99 and 144, about homeschooling; wrote letters and briefs addressed to parliamentary commission participants to support them in their work;
- Testified before a parliamentary commission and met with experts and civil servants participating in the commission;
- Been in constant communication with the Ministre de l’Éducation’s team;
- Mobilized the community by organizing email campaigns, demonstrations and by encouraging parents to meet with their MNAs;
- Consulted with members to better understand the challenges they face;
- Hosted representatives of the Ministre de l’Éducation at consultations at the AQED conference;
- Represented members at the National Consultation Table on Homeschooling.